Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It snowed last night and I just finished my dad’s monster driveway. Now I go to my house and shovel that out!

I’m now cutting my second speech just a bit for time and we should be good to go. I should also start receiving my books and that binder anytime after tomorrow. Life could be worse.

Oh, and reading that speech made me think about the definition of a visionary. That boring, typically male oriented business that every cultural change starts with one man and his vision. I don’t want that man to be me. Dave wants that, but I’d rather be a philosopher. Real “corn ball” stuff you see on TV - here you get gritty reality in real time. Philosophers and their ideas are immortal. Visionaries often get the designation after the fact, then they erect a statute - and years later - that statute comes crashing down - not for me, so better to just stay with the ideas. History will then paint its own epitaph on you if it does that at all…..

Anyway shovelling snow and back to work!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/GR-mLGV0X1I
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part the speech is done!

Not the speech I wanted to make, but a speech that is altered to hopefully squeak its way to the floor. Now, everyone there knows what I am up to, so I may just get block outright - but at the United Nations, you never know…..

When we applied for Consultative Status, I applied and got an interactive session and made my first speech - and it was bold - and then the delegates of many nations basically ripped me apart. Russia did most of the work and they were good at it! It took me like three months to get over that and then it sure looked like they were blocking me. But Christiane Amanpour’s (and Dan Rather’s) NGO were complaining the same thing and made a big stink about it, and just like that we got status as the other NGO went to a larger vote later on. They knew who I was, just some good natured idealist not interested in politics so no real threat - but the policy…..

So was it actually giving us status to show a journalist org could get status, or was this just a convenient opportunity to give the brown guy who lives that miserable life what he wanted? Who knows and even I don’t know, but you see how it worked out in the end.

See, in the end I am there with them, that’s where I ended up, and the truth is that I’m probably no different then all of them, except my life circumstances were different. So all things considered at the time, if they could get away with it they were probably inclined to be nice to me in secret while publicly it was business as usual. I have been at the UN for basically seven years now and call it and New York my second home. So yes, I’m the same as all of them and to criticize them morally would be unfair.

I probably irk many of them or some of them quietly despise me in a way that needs explaining. I know that many of them went to the UN thinking they could change the world for the better. As usual they get stymied and frustrated, and just give it up and get comfortable there with a good position and some status, start a family and all the rest. Then this middle-aged guy comes along just how they were in the beginning - because he started really late - not corrupted and with the resources to make a play for the betterment of all. This reminds them of their idealistic past and how that turned out and it pisses them off every time they see me. However, these are the very people that can be turned, not a lot as they have to think about their positions, but if your strategy is right and you lay out the playing field so they can help without being fingered, then they may look to the left- look to the right - and throw a small bit of help your way.

But like I said, in my situation I may not have even that. We shall see but more active blocking just gives me the argument to present to the Secretary General’s office that advocacy no longer works for me at the usual places - so I need to address him directly to give him what he wants.

It’s all a game and we shall see how it turns out. As an aside, more than one person has hinted that maybe you could make a career change and become one of them, and it’s tempting, and if I was younger I would have probably taken the change in lifestyle. However, I’m too old for that now so the play goes on, also I am tied to that moral imperative. Seriously, my ideas have a chance there especially since we are not going outside global issues and taking it to individual nations. In the end, member nations will see it as less of a threat than they thought.

Anyway, I have to pick up a book and supposedly the rest may show up on my doorstep possibly today.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/LoF_a0-7xVQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday was a bust!

It started out ok and then the service to the big TV at my dad’s place went and it turns out the box is fried and we get a new one in a few days. The one in the kitchen has a real old unit that works and I had a few more of these and am trying to get it activate so my folks have something to watch. Then there was h to e Tigers outage for internet again and other friends dealing with that - it never ends with Rogers…..

My books!

Anyway, I updated the new laptop and made a USB recovery drive just in case as this was a Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade for free. I also found what I think is the original premiere disc drive of The Fortress Experiment and slapped that in the third CRU enclosure. So if anything goes wrong with the tweaked CRU I can just give them the tried and true original version and go from there.

On Friday I got all my books and the cheque binder. All that aggravation is over. All I have to do is review the speech and submit it. There is absolutely no guarantee that we get to speak and probably harder than the others as I am known here and what I’m about. In the end, The Fates may have made it almost impossible not to try to get to the Secretary General; that is the play and then everyone at the UN will know what I’m about and many won’t like it. Lots of fun and games ahead!

The Fates

Whatever, this is an adventure and adventures are always dangerous.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/65nNcNiwJHM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speech is ready to go but just double checking everything. Remember I may get nowhere here - just like the Partnership Forum, so keep that in mind.

I have actually caught up on everything! When I send off the speech I actually have a clear hard and can literally relax. It never happens but I have time to preen myself up a bit and putter around the house doing little things here and there.

It will start to get busy on a week at the UN, I’m going and it’s just a matter of when. I need to get my access card. Maybe meet some folk over
there, and then visit old haunts and get re-acquainted post Covid.

I wish I had an extra 20 years to truly flesh things out but I’m down to years and not decades. The Fates are pushing me hard to make the next quantum leap and advocate on the highest levels. After the last General Assembly visit - I’m now in the right headspace. Hopefully this is not the end in a few months - probably not as I intend to inject some fire into the agism
advocacy - If there is one place where they need an asshole like me, it’s there - I’m sure I’ll be welcomed there! Anyway I’m registered for a virtual event on Tuesday morning. Another bit of advocacy I’m poking my nose into…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/NSsbq1--cqc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speech has been sent in to the 61st Session of the Commission for Social Development at the United Nations! As I have said ad infinitum: They know what I’m all about now, so this may have been wasted time - but you never know - but the two speech submissions still took up some of my time and now I have some free time! And this was the first time FOFSTOCK the not-for-profit has ever been mentioned at the UN and happened when I applied to speak - way to go FOFSTOCK!

It sure looks like my book called the Worldwide Vote is sold out at Barnes and Noble!!!!!

Of course they probably only held a few copies but people actually bought that book! The other two are still available but it is a rush to know you sold books to strangers. Amazon makes them as they go, but Barnes and Noble stocked some as the timeline to me getting them are too short and the box was from Barnes and Noble and they take a bit more care in shipping the books. I’m just thrilled Barnes and Noble found me worthy. I know this sounds corny, but it is a rush to see your stuff sell…..

I’m preening myself up and making sure I have everything for a trip back to New York anytime after the start of next week. Getting the new laptop case and the new laptop were necessary in the end. I still like the leather case now - but that isn’t as weather proof as the new case - so…..

I may also get a really cheap pelican case for the original Fortress Experiment movie I now have in the third CRU enclosure. Even there, what I thought was a mistake and redundant purchase, has now been used.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/U6JBZNAkp24
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I attended the agism conference today to get a feel for how advocacy for the aging population works and as expected I have some ideas. I won’t bore you with them here but they are forward looking and will be effective! The establishment won’t want to hear that but - I gotta be me…..

Anyway I’m back to planning out that trip to New York and really just getting back into my grove that got completely upended with Covid 19. BTW, the WHO has ruled that Covid 19 is still an emergency.

I was depressed on Monday, just a bunch of things conspiring to depress you. I have to realize that my task is to introduce new ideas and have them become normalized and then become accepted talking points. That task sort of worked for me as I am a philosopher and love doing that and disseminating that is fun. But when you get there, you find things so desperate that you also have to do more advocacy and also do some of the framework of practical implementation to continue the pitch for what you thought was more of a academic head space, and when you go there you get the practical push back from those who are comfortable with the way things are and do not want change.

I gets to you every now and then - anyway that is me at the present time.

Today is my dad’s 90th birthday! I only mention this as it ties into the agism advocacy. What do you get your dad who has no wants for anything? Well he gets 49,000 dollars in my birthday card, as the bank wanted to make a bank account of his defunct, and when I looked into this neglected account I figured I would only do anything if the amount was over 5 bucks. Turns out it was 49k, so we will all go to the bank and keep the account active and then figure things out from there. That’s the kind of family I belong to…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/l5i8R0VN9tY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll take a break from the UN a bit. It is its own little world in a world. But I’ll take a break today. So what’s new at FOF?

I did complete three annual returns today and then two more next month and one in June - FOFSTOCK gets its first in December.

FOF Records - I am actually back to looking for a female lead metal band. I may check out some acts in New York as the US and Canada are one according to FOF Records.

Sam with the FOFSTOCK contract for YDS!

FOFSTOCK: I have actually started a war chest for FOFSTOCK 2. The corporation is all set up now and we are doing things. This has to be the fastest setup ever with websites and office and such almost instantly ready to go! Which reminds me that we have to change the official location to our head office on Woodbine Avenue in Markham, Ontario.

FOF: The grand daddy of them all Fortress of Freedom Inc.! Gosh, I really bristle at the thought of attempting another movie, but another FOFSTOCK doco is a possibility. Maybe a few more music videos as well. Depending on what happens there has to be a true epilogue to this whole adventure.

Overall, it’s kind of sad this can’t go on forever. You finally know how to do it all and then you die. I have real live or had real life examples to draw upon. One guy was into all kinds of things, a real walking encyclopedia and just like that he died of a brain a aneurism in his driveway on the day of his retirement. This was one of the guys who took an interest in me. I never understood why some of these old white guys took an interest in me, showing me how the world works and all that and giving me the skills necessary to do what I’m doing now. The real kicker is that they are all dead now and I can’t even show them what became of me! Life is a cheat and you all will just have to accept that.

But who would have thought that the guys who took me in and treated me as one of their own (even more so which irked the others) in a community you figure would treat a guy like me completely the opposite. Nothing is weirder than real life…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/SQNtGoM3FVU

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Q7iU5hfG53w
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update as I walk around the mall…..

For you younger people reading this, do not get discouraged if we get shut out of expressing ourselves with our interesting and unique ideas for social development at the Commission for Social Development at the UN, as things are more complicated than it seems.

I got this!

In other words, they can do what they want, but I keep doing what I do because I have more options and the pragmatic reality to make it happen…..

In fact the UN is the best place for this to happen. Out there in the open it’s like the wild west. Take Twitter, I sent Elon Musk my ideas on the voting collective and why, and when he finally got hold of it he was setting up policy by this global vote, even asking if he should still lead Twitter by a vote! I loved this stuff - seeing your ideas happen in the flesh! I literally wanted to scream at my phone reading the criticisms at Twitter, but especially voting by anyone on important policy decisions. Elon Musk was my first and most important target as he would be the private owner and his mercurial personality could make him enact ideas like mine without being watered down by committee.

Our package to Elon sent in May!

Anyway, that did happen and emboldened me to keep at it.

If the global collective does not happen at the United Nations it will happen elsewhere and outside of their control and ultimately a direct competitor to their power and control - and member nations like control - so in the end this will probably become a reality at the United Nations sooner or later. I appeal to their most important interests - self-interest…..

So we just go on and on…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the remaining Positive Mandate domains that I thought about getting. Then I checked out all the Global Social Contract domains and I’m finished with domains. I will be cutting back on many to make up for this…..

As for the UN trip? It’s either going to be a speech or a play to the Secretary General. The Fates want the Secretary General but I want it all in due time. We shall see but if nothing happens I go for the big prize and if successful, tell of my experiences and give him the new Global Social Contract he wants!

The world needs it.

Realize that for me to make this play I have to assume no divine intervention if we screw the world up. No magnanimous aliens will appear to straighten things we fucked up. No, it’s all in front of you and people like me are trying to help humanity survive and it’s frustration and soul destroying all at the same time. It’s a go for a loner like me with nothing else to do. As the old saying goes: The job picks the man and not the other way around. And if some of you think that’s sexist then remember. that The Fates were all women.

The Fates

Reality is what it is and that is what will happen in the next two weeks. It can get you depressed but I am not helpless. I have some plays no matter how the probabilities lay - the plays are real and right now the probabilities and luck are on my side. Sure it can end in failure but I have my shot at it!

Back at FOF Records and FOFSTOCK is the ever growing disaster of music first becoming worthless - and now the artists becoming obsolete. So say a lot of people thinking AI will quickly replace musicians. Maybe in the far future, but tomorrow if our tastes get lazy.

Why do I keep showing bands like Tricot? Because Tricot rose to prominence as a math rock band. That is hard for an AI to do this I would say, especially if you can mix it up on the fly and still be cohesive. So the disaster my come to those that make predictable music, the rest will just have to up their game…..

This is why I love the guttural sounds of death metal, math rock and even things like clown core, AI can give you elevator music but not this…..

The FOFSTOCK advocacy group will soon have their work cut out for them. Go little FOFSTOCK go!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Q77gbjfsVO8

https://youtu.be/6IV29YNTH3M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in your late teens or twenties, and you look at an old fart like me, You probably don’t think much about it. He is old and so who cares about him. His life is over and I will live on and dance on his grave.

But are you sure you will get all your years?

What if I told you the human race could be over in a few years if things get out of control. That you and the old guy die at the same time. Then is he really that old anymore? He has been around longer than you but from the day you were born till the day you and he die - he literally has the same lifespan in your existence and perspective - of your life - a short period of time.

It’s a mind fuck - the idea the world could actually come to an end, just like that! If you see the world through my eyes you will see ordinary people trying to keep things going because someone has to take those jobs steering this big ship in the sea we call humanity. Or a ship of fools! No God, no lovable aliens to save us. Those positions to keep humanity on the straight and narrow have to be filled with people whether they are qualified enough or not! That is why I am beholden to that moral imperative - that if people of ability don’t rise to the occasion and offer their services, then others of lesser ability will, and that is a bad thing for all of humanity.

Looking back now, it makes sense how my life unfolded. Some saw something in me they put value in and took me in, made an exception for me in a community that usually hates a guy like me. Then they taught me all that they knew and I went my way and here we are today. Like I said, they are all dead now. All I have of them are memories. But now I have a job to do. BTW: These mentors from my past never gave me a goal or vision - that was up to me to find! And I did and I am disseminating it around the world right now.

Your future is no sure thing…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/BoXu6QmxpJE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post today is about a post on Thursday that I wrote and didn’t post because I still wasn’t sure about what was happening at the UN for the next two weeks - but I was sure enough. Anyway, here it is:

Maurice Ali wrote:
Ok, I’m punching this out a day before I should - but whatever…..

I’m assuming I wont get to speak at this year’s 61st Session of the Commission for Social Development. Also, if you want to know why I was in this depressed funk lately - it was because of this subjective judgement on who gets to speak. All my life the subjective judgement has dogged me negatively on all areas of my life. If a process had no human subjective judgement I did well, but as soon as the human and subjective judgement came in things never went my way. The was in Canada and things got way better in the international community, but that stigma applied to me earlier and the feelings and outcome still rears it’s ugly head at moments like this…..

Now here is the thing - I was doing my usual walk in the mall with all the other geriatrics siping on my Starbucks mocha and figured it was all over for me making a speech at the UN. That was a bummer but more so as it meant I actually had to go for the Secretary General now, and no more delays. This thought actually bothered me as failure sort of meant a slow windup on advocacy at the UN. Now here is the second thing, I started thinking about how I could do this play for the Secretary General and- zap! For a split second, just like that - I felt happy - strangely it didn’t last but the feeling was undeniable - I was free! I then started thinking about how to do this. Meeting some people and doing the usual recon at the UN in the next two weeks is the plan. Get your grounds pass so you can get in immediately and so on.

I think the Secretary General - António Guterres and Deputy Secretary General - Amina J. Mohammed will be first on my list and maybe submit to both at the same time as the next Secretary General may be a woman. Also on the short list is the Director General of UNESCO - Audrey Azoulay. It’s been almost ten years since I was at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France and I may be coming back there.

I feel this is right and not wrong. The only way forward is to “leap frog” over those obstacles holding you back and go straight to the source! It’s a toss up to whether I feel free or happy, one and the same or both? But this feels like the correct move!

Anyway, The Fates get their way! Game on…..

Goodnight…..

So The Fates get their way! I’m done waiting for the subjective judgement of others to do what I want to do, the happiness of blowing past that gives me back my self-esteem and I’m now in the driver’s seat again! I leap frog past just giving speeches that few people watch and coming home bragging about it to the others. While that is cool in and of itself, it really does not advocate to the people who might want a look at the new Global Social Contract, most specifically the Secretary General of the United Nations.

I should pause on this thought and tell you this week I sort of got a very minor panic attack when I realized I would be 64 in September. I knew I was always in denial about my age as I don’t really look it or feel it - but the actual realization that I’m practically at retirement age just hits you like a sucker punch in the gut. I have no need to retire now as I’m perfectly healthy and fit - but still I will be 64 in another half a year!

United Nations Secretary General António Guterres

With that in mind, I have to concentrate on the big picture and plan some sort of strategy to get my ideas to the Secretary General. I’ll get more into it in the next post but this most likely will not be a one shot deal. That is never how it goes with me, anyway more later…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/lk2-bgwA0Ro
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the outage…..

I guess someone didn’t like what I said…..

HaHahahaha…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday was a complete bust!

Anyway, I put out the post going for the big guns at the UN directly with regard to the Global Social Contract and then all, I repeat all, websites go down at once. This is neat trick because of the way I set it up. Whoever did this - I was impressed! It’s all back up and thanks to the brown dudes that run the servers for me at the other end of the continent (changed this also after that big blackout in Toronto). I like these guys, I once emailed them about slow response on the websites and they emailed back “currently under attack”! Man, who sends back an email like that! Hehehehe…..

Anyway that is what happened today. I was supposed to write a cover letter to the Secretary General today and will start it before I go to bed. So the post I planned for today gets delayed a day…..

Actually, for a vacation, today was kind of exciting and I’m still going to New York.

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/LNRBt34gORU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Sunday, things have calmed down a bit on all fronts. This is ideal for a vacation as I can plan an adventure without any distracting drama.

The first order of business is just to get that letter prepared and a copy of the Global Social Contract book sent off to the the Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General. I actually have a plan for that I won’t get into, but this is a mail in sort of thing so I have to assume it will just be reviewed by the staff and thrown out. However, this will meet minimum obligations for The Fates and I will have that task off my back. That won’t be the only play, but it will herald all my arrival to a new level of advocacy…..

United Nations Secretary General António Guterres

First up is of course the Secretary General, in his second term and can do as he wishes at this point. Even if he likes the idea, at most I figure will be some small scale project inside ECOSOC - but it will be a start!

United Nations Deputy Secretary General Amina Mohammed

Next up is the Deputy Secretary General. This may have more of a chance but who knows. I will send both together and cross my fingers.

UNESCO Director General Audrey Azoulay

Third up is the Director General of UNESCO, IAIJ came from UNESCO so we have a connection there. I’ll wait for any kind of response at the UN and then send that package to UNESCO in Paris, France.

That’s all I will say now. If I actually had a meeting or something big like that I won’t mention it here. But this first contact is almost doomed to be a big nothing - except for me personally leaping to this higher form of advocacy. So it really doesn’t matter who knows about this - friend or foe…..

In other news…..

I actually have some money in the FOFSTOCK war chest for a possible FOFSTOCK 2. It is funny that actually making FOFSTOCK into a corporation spurs on things like the advocacy and now a possible festival again. If the UN stuff goes dry - we will always have this other stuff!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/ecrf9uoHSTc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well surprise of surprises, It looks like I will be able to give a short speech at the Commission for Social Development after all…..

The notification came at 5:26 Sunday afternoon, 16 and a half hours before the session begins! Anyway I’ll take it and this puts a delay of sorts in what I was going to do. The proposed but not guaranteed date is Monday February 13 in the afternoon, so I can’t get in there the day before and get my pass and all that ahead of time. If it is in the afternoon all is good to get the pass but if it happens in the tail end of the morning I may be in trouble and may have to do the pass procedure without my grounds pass.

We shall see…..

So now I’m rushing around again, I did snag my favorite hotel near the UN and next I’ll book the plane but with a cancellation plan if things drag on another day.

Regardless, I have stepped up my game in advocacy, as I said before speaking there just delays that advocacy – but it does delay it a bit.

What a strange wacky weekend!

Goodnight…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 387 of 416

Jump to: